So, we went cherry picking last weekend, which we have never done before but it was amazingly fun!
and now we have a couple pounds of cherries!
So I thought I would try my hand at cherry cobbler. It turned out really well, and it is gluten free!
So here is the recipe:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup gluten free Bisquick
- 1 cup of sugar….if you want a sugar free option, try “Splenda Baking”
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sugar, or sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
To Make It:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. Combine melted butter, 1 cup sugar/ substitute, Gluten Free Bisquick, baking powder, milk and mix well.
3. Pour the cherries into the bottom of a baking dish.
4. Then pour the batter on top of the cherries. Do not mix, just lay it on top.
5. Now, put the cornstarch and sugar into a bowl and whisk with boiling water until mixed
6. Pour that on top of the batter. Don’t mix anything, just pour.
7. Bake this for 45 minutes
This is a gluten free cobbler that will make you love gluten free desserts!
One thought on “Gluten Free Fresh Cherry Cobbler”
Pingback: About Me | The Platypus Directive